So you’ve officially started your project with Property Pros and may be wondering, what’s next? There are a few things for you to be aware of as we plan to break ground and begin work on your outdoor renovation. Watch Property Pros Owner, Josh Springer, and Executive Director, Jeff Mull, break down what to expect or read the details below.
- Read through your contract: We suggest you re-read your contract and review the project scope. Your contract will also indicate whether you’re responsible for marking irrigation lines or invisible fences.
- Utilities will be marked: As your project begins, Property Pros will contact 811 to ensure your utility lines are appropriately marked. No digging will occur until these lines are noted either by colored paint or flags by 811 at the very least two days before the project begins.
- Portable restroom might be delivered: Depending on the project scope, we may drop off a portable restroom at the site. This will help our crews stay on the job and complete work efficiently.
As Work Begins:
- “Bad before better” Construction: Even though your finished project will be everything you’ve dreamed of, the project site will likely look worse before it gets better. Your outdoor area will be a construction site, and there may be large, heavy equipment in use. Turf damage that occurs will typically be repaired with seed and penn mulch, but optional upgrades to sod are available. Please discuss any concerns with your designer along the way, but rest easy knowing that the project will come together in the end.
- What if I want to add to the plan? As your project progresses, the custom design plan you signed off on will be coming to life! As it comes together, you might want to add something you hadn’t thought of before, or our team might notice an opportunity to have an elevated option. Since all of our projects are custom to your property and there’s no way to foresee every possibility until construction begins, feel free to contact us with any new ideas you might have as things progress. Be aware that any unplanned changes could increase the budget or cause delays in the project timeline.
- Watering Instructions: We will provide you with watering instructions to ensure any new landscaping plants or turf will be getting the proper care to root themselves after installation.
Expecting the Unexpected:
Delays can occur that may push the timeline of the finished projects. These delays could come from:
- Inclimate weather forcing us to wait for favorable site conditions
- Material shortages from our vendors
- Personnel changes or schedule changes from the Property Pros team
- City inspections needing more time
- Waiting on subcontractors (We do most things in-house, but we use subcontractors that specialize in different areas – electrical, gas, etc.)
Some patience is necessary when it comes to any renovation project, and especially ones that are outside. Have faith, we will work to get things done as quickly as possible.
Communication is Key:
- Utilize the group text for all communication: All team members involved in your project will be part of a convenient group text to communicate project questions or concerns. This allows all of us to stay on the same page.
- “Fill-In Friday” Emails: You’ll receive project updates every Friday with pictures and a progress report so you can keep track of the project timeline.
Your happiness with the finished project is our top priority, and we will try our best to work with you to create the project you envisioned. We are so thankful that you have chosen us to reimagine your outdoor lifestyle and bring your dreams to life!
For even more answers to frequently asked questions, check out our FAQ Sheet for additional details about your upcoming project.